For those of you who – quite rightly – continue to ask how we navigate out of hunker down, here are the six conditions of responsible restarts:
- Disease transmission is under control
- Health systems are able to “detect, test, isolate and treat every case and trace every contact”
- Hot spot risks are minimized in vulnerable places, such as nursing homes
- Schools, workplaces and other essential places have established preventive measures
- The risk of importing new cases “can be managed”
- Communities are fully educated, engaged and empowered to live under a new normalAs to who leads and sets these conditions and maintains related ongoing efforts —- good question. Who indeed. Where’s that leadership going to come from?